Here is a job ad for a Knowledge & Education Manager's position from internet, which typically outlines the job of a KM manager. It is a good reference for a KM practitioner if you are looking for a KM position.
We are seeking a service-oriented, energetic, organized, and self-motivated individual to ensure the association’s members are the foremost experts in their fields through knowledge management, technical resource development, conference education, and online learning. The Manager of Education and Knowledge reports directly to the Director of Education and Training.
At GCCA, we take pride in our culture. While we have areas of responsibility, each person commits to the team and personifies our cultural values of Service, Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, and Integrity. We want someone who will jump in and run with projects and who is driven by new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to <name> at <email address> by <date>. No calls please.
Facilitate the association's Knowledge Management program by:
- Act as the staff liaison to the Scientific Advisory Council (SAC) - a committee of food science and logistics specialists and the association's go-to resource for technical member questions
- Meet with SAC Chairman quarterly to evaluate SAC involvement in association activities
- Facilitate the association's "Ask an Expert" member inquiry service and prepare monthly inquiry reports for GCCA staff and the Scientific Advisory Council
- Update relevant industry information in PowerPoint slide decks for all-staff use
- Monitoring and participating in the GCCA Online Community; logging member inquiries from the community in our membership database, netFORUM
Ensure technical publications and resources are relevant by:
- Working with staff committee liaisons and committee members to develop timelines for the creation and revision of technical resources
- Managing the development and revision of publications and resources including white papers and technical guides in coordination with various committees and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Creating and managing the process of translating technical resources into alternate languages with guidance from the GCCA international office directors
Meeting and Conference Education
Manage the education session programming for up to 5 association events per year by:
- Creating and managing the Call for Proposals and organizing materials for session selection by the planning committee, when applicable
- Inviting and preparing speakers for their speaking role by reviewing PowerPoints, talking with speakers about our members and event audience
- Coordinating logistics for speakers including collecting final speaker presentation materials and confirming room and A/V requirements
- Writing session descriptions for use in event promotional materials
- Writing scripts, as needed, for the association’s chairman to use on-stage
- Creating event evaluations in the survey tool and writing evaluation summary reports
Webinars and eLearning
Manage the online learning presence for the association by producing 12 association live webinars per year and incorporating new eLearning courses in the association’s LMS by:
- Identifying webinar topics relevant to association members; soliciting and reviewing webinar proposals
- Inviting and preparing webinar speakers for their speaking role by reviewing PowerPoints, talking with speakers about our audience
- Writing webinar descriptions for use in promotional activities
- Moderating and producing 12 live webinars per year
- Creating eLearning content for the association’s learning management system (LMS)
- Identifying and managing special projects designed to improve the LMS
Assist members in recruiting and retaining high-quality talent by:
- Managing the association's Internship Connection program; connecting students and potential interns with internship opportunities at member companies
- Assisting the Director, Education and Training in designing custom learning solutions for association members
- Assist in the creation and management of a warehouse operator certification program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience with at least two years’ experience in education management or program management
- Self-starter, highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Able to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical problem solving and people skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Some travel outside of the DC Metro area will be required
About Global Cold Chain Alliance
Join a fast-paced, exciting nonprofit organization focused on improving food quality and safety around the world. The Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) is a trade association that serves the global temperature-controlled supply chain industry, otherwise known as the “cold chain.” We represent organizations that handle, store, and transport the food we eat. We have 1,300 member organizations in 75 countries around the world.
Ref: http://jobs.td.org/jobs/7825211/manager-knowledge-and-education which was a job dated January 2016, and is no longer available online today.